Carl Weathers is an American actor, director, and former professional football player best known for his roles as Apollo Creed in the Rocky movie franchise, Dillon in Predator, and Chubbs Peterson in Happy Gilmore. His career has spanned over four decades and he has become a beloved figure in television and film. This article will explore his biography, age, nationality, family life, and net worth.
Carl Weathers: Biography
Carl Weathers was born on January 14, 1948, in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended Long Beach City College and San Diego State University, where he was a standout football player. He then went on to play professional football for the Oakland Raiders, where he was a linebacker for three seasons. After his football career, Weathers pursued an acting career and his first role was in the 1974 film, Friday Foster. He then went on to appear in numerous films and television shows, such as Rocky, Predator, Arrested Development, and The Mandalorian.
Age and Nationality
Carl Weathers is 72 years old. He holds American nationality.
Carl Weathers is married to Jennifer Peterson. They have two children together, a son named Cody and a daughter named Cassidy.
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I can provide you with some information about Carl Weathers, the actor known for his roles in the “Rocky” film series and the “Predator” franchise. However, please note that some details may have changed since then.
- Full Name: Carl Weathers
- Date of Birth: January 14, 1948
- Age: As of August 31, 2023, he would be 75 years old.
- Nationality: American
- Place of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Parents: Carl Weathers was born to Anna Preston and George Weathers.
- Spouse: Carl Weathers has been married twice. His first marriage was to Mary Ann Castle, and they had two children together. His second marriage is to Jennifer Peterson, with whom he has two children as well.
Net Worth: As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Carl Weathers’ net worth was estimated to be around $6 million. However, his net worth may have changed since then due to his ongoing work in the entertainment industry.
Career Highlights: Carl Weathers is best known for his roles in several iconic film franchises and television series. Some of his notable works include:
- Rocky Series: He played the character Apollo Creed, a rival and friend of Rocky Balboa, in the “Rocky” film series.
- Predator: He appeared in the science fiction action film “Predator” (1987).
- Action Jackson: He starred in the action film “Action Jackson” (1988).
- Happy Gilmore: He had a memorable role in the comedy film “Happy Gilmore” (1996) alongside Adam Sandler.
- Mandalorian: He appeared as Greef Karga in the Disney+ series “The Mandalorian,” which is part of the Star Wars universe.
Please keep in mind that for the most current information about Carl Weathers’ biography, age, nationality, family, and net worth, you may want to consult more recent sources or news articles.