Mr Macaroni is a Nigeria born actor, comedian, entrepreneur and social media influencer. He is also the Founder of Mr Macaroni Entertainment Ltd. A registered company which specializes in Arts and entertainment.
|Full Name/Stage Name||Adebowale “Debo” Adedayo/Mr. Macaroni|
|Date of Birth||3 May 1993 (29 years)|
|Occupation||Nigerian Actor, Content Creator and Citizen Activist.|
|Net Worth||67 million Naira|
Who Is Mr. Macaroni?
Adebowale “Debo” Adedayo popularly known by his stage name Mr Macaroni, is a Nigerian Actor, Content Creator and Citizen Activist. A trained thespian, his popularity grew from his comic skits on social media, where he plays the role of a political figure cum sugar daddy called “Daddy Wa” or a sadistic lecturer called “Professor Hard Life”. Debo popularized catchphrases like “Ooin”, “Freaky freaky” and “You are doing well”.
Using his satirical works and online presence, Debo is also known for his social justice advocacy. His skits satirize social issues to promote human rights and critique everyday social interactions. During the 2020 #EndSARS protests in Nigeria, Debo used his platform and presence at various protest venues to advocate against police brutality – even after becoming a victim as a result.
Early Life of Mr. Macaroni
Adebowale is an indigene of Ogun State. He was born in Ogudu, Lagos on born 3rd May 1993 into an Upper middle class, Islamic and Christian family in May 1993. He grew up in Magodo area of Lagos where He attended Tendercare International Nursery and Primary school in Ojota, Ogudu, and now at Magodo, Isheri. After his primary education, he went to Babcock University High School for his secondary education. In 2009, he gained admission to Lead University, Ibadan where he studied law but was forced to leave by his second year due to the university’s accreditation issue.
By 2011, Adedayo was a law student at Houdegbe North American University, Cotonou in the Republic of Benin but due to his vocal nature and always standing up for justice, he was forced to leave before earning his degrees.
Upon leaving Cotonou, Debo decided not to continue his education, but to take his acting career seriously. He featured in a few roles in movies and sitcoms but was urged by his parents to complete his education. This time, he decided to study Theatre Arts (his self-confessed first love) and was admitted studying a course at the Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti. However, several factors led to him not completing his education. In 2013, Debo was admitted into the Redeemer’s University Nigeria, Osun State, where he finally earned a degree in Theatre Arts and Film Studies in 2018.
Mr. Macaroni’s Career Path
Adedayo started as an actor in Nollywood before creating comedy videos. In an interview with Punch Nigeria, he said that he had been an actor for a long time by doing movies and soap operas. He said movie roles were no longer coming at some point and it took a while before he decided to start online comedy.
Adedayo’s comedy talks about events and real issues in Africa. He always plays the role of a sugar daddy. In an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, he said he chose the role of a sugar daddy because it represents a good percentage of naughty men who cannot control themselves.
His satirical skits highlight social and political issues like bad governance, civic responsibility, and human rights. He typically plays the role of a Sugar daddy politician known as “Daddy Wa” or a strict lecturer known as “Professor Hardlife”.
Adedayo, in an interview with Punch Nigeria, said he knew he had a flair for comedy when he would mimic Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and everyone would laugh.
His skits typically feature veterans of the Nollywood and Nigerian entertainment industry, like Jim Iyke, Bimbo Ademoye, Lateef Adedimeji, Sola Sobowale, Falz and Mr. P. He has also featured fellow skit makers like Oga Sabinus (Mr. Funny), KieKie, Remote, and Broda Shaggi. He has also featured Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife.
Mr. Macaroni Net Worth
He has grown from a regular Instagram user to an influencer with more than 550,000 followers. however, still new to the industry and we’re unable to get accurate estimate. His net worth but will around 67 million Naira.
Social Media Handles
- Mr Macaroni was born on the 3rd of May in Lagos into a family of 10 and he’s the last born, his father is a journalist– he used to broadcast news on the television while his mother is an educationist.
- His childhood was really simple and adventurous. He lists Pastor Chris Oyakhilome as one of his sources of inspiration.
- Debo finished secondary school in 2009 and attended four different Private universities All in Nigeria
- His education wasn’t really very rosy as he attended three different universities, before finally graduating from Redeemer’s University. Mr Macaroni said, the first school he went to, He was studying Law. Studying law changed him– he became more confrontational and aggressive, especially when airing his concerns.
- The first admission he got to study law in a private institution was cut short in his 200 level when they heard on the news that the law department in the university wasn’t accredited. They had to call for a meeting to understand the situation, but the school was so nonchalant about it. At some point, people began to leave the school and Mr macaroni also left.
- Mr Macaroni Gained Admission to another private university to study the same Law, everything is going well and until he had an issue with one of his lecturers. He was summoned by the school authorities and was asked to leave the school for some time until they came to a final decision. He wasn’t expressly expelled but decided to leave. It was after a while that his friends informed him that his name came out on the result sheet, but Debo already left to another university
- He went to another private university which is the third School and he had already made up his mind to study Creative Arts instead of Law. He resumed at the university, and he was called by the Dean of Student Affairs that the institution hasn’t really started offering Creative Arts, but he can go for English. This got him angry because he was admitted studying Creative Arts. He had to leave after a year.
- He eventually gained admission to study Creative Arts at Redeemer’s University, Osun State. The university is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. While at the institution, he was bent on leaving a legacy that would make every student an ambassador of the university.
- He was the president of the student body while in the Redeemer and tried his best to make every student happy and comfortable. Few days before his graduation from Redeemers University, he almost got expelled over a post he made on his Facebook Page.
- On June 14th, 2018, Mr macaroni settled his case with redeemer university mgm and was given his certificate, On March 5th, 2020, He completed his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and collected certificate he was filled with joy as many of the serving coppers gathered around him for photos. He stated on his Instagram handle, that he stood for over 2 hours taking photos with his colleagues who for one reason or the other, appreciate his craft