She is famous for being a Pop Singer. A model signed to Elite Model Management; she joined Jourdan Dunn’s Missguided campaign in 2017.
Profile Facts on Rina Sawayama
|Age||August 16, 1990 (32 years)|
|Occupation||Pop Singer, Model|
|Sexuality||Bisexual and Pansexual.|
|Net Worth||$ 12 million|
Early Life of Rina Sawayama
Rina Sawayama was born on the 13th of October 1988. She lived there until age five when her family decided to move to London. She grew up and currently resides in London.
Early Life of Rina Sawayama Career at School
Rina Sawayama is an acclaimed singer-songwriter who made The Fader’s list of 13 Artists You Need To Know About In 2017. She released the debut studio single “Cyber Stockholm Syndrome” in March 2017 and followed with the eponymous album RINA. Her solo career began in 2013 when she released the single “Sleeping in Waking.” In 2016, she worked with artist John Yuyi to create a visual series on Asian and Japanese beauty standards. She was subsequently profiled in Vogue. While at university, she was a member of the hip-hop trio, Lazy Lion, with Theo Ellis of the indie rock band Wolf Alice. She graduated from the university with a degree in political science. May 2020, Sawayama revealed that she was doing an online course at the University of Oxford.
Steady Growth of Rina Sawayama Career
In February 2013, Sawayama launched her solo career with the single “Sleeping in Waking,” produced by Justin “Hoost” Tailor. In April 2013, UK label Make Mine published a 7-inch vinyl of the single, which included a new song titled “Who?” on the B-side.
Later that year, under the stage name “Riina,” she released the track “Terror” on Hallowee
Moreover, in 2016, she released the single “Where U Are,”.Alessandra Kurr-directed music video accompanied the song.
Her single “Cyber Stockholm Syndrome” aired on The Fader in March 2017. She released the singles “Alterlife” and “Tunnel Vision”, a duet with Shamir in 2017. It was followed by her debut EP Rina.
Moreover, in August 2018, Sawayama released the single ‘Valentine’ on Valentine’s Day.
Moreover, in June 2018, she released the video for the album track ‘Ordinary Superstar’. In addition, in August 2018, Sawayama released the track ‘Cherry’ in which she explores her sexual identity. In 2019, she performed as the supporting act for Charli XCX’s tour across the UK.
In 2020, after signing to Dirty Hit records, Sawayama released the singles ‘STFU!”. On 2 March, a third single ‘XS’ was released. Her debut album ‘Sawayama’ was released on 17 April.
On 29 June 2020, she released a cover of the Grammy-nominated Lady Gaga song ‘Dance in the Dark’.
Moreover, on 26 October 2020, Sawayama made her television debut performing the song ‘XS’ on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. The following month, she released a song titled ‘Lucid’ produced by BloodPop.
Furthermore, in April 2021, Sawayama released an updated version of her song ‘Chosen Family’ as a duet with Elton John. In addition, in August 2021, Sawayama was featured on Newsweek Japan’s “100 Japanese people respected by the world” list.
Moreover, Sawayama contributed a cover of the Metallica song “Enter Sandman” to the charity tribute album The Metallica Blacklist, released in September 2021.
Rina Sawayama’s Managers
Rina is represented by –
- Tom Windish and Christine Cao of Paradigm Talent Agency
- Celebrity Talent International
As a model, she is represented by Anti Agency and Elite Model Management.
Genre of Rina’s Music
Pop, R&B, Electropop, Alternative Pop
Rina Sawayama’s Physical Features
Rina is Slim, with an height of about 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm. Her weight is 51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Rina’s hair is Dark Brown, However, she prefers to dye her hair yellow or pink.
He eyes is dark Brown. She has a snub nose, thick eyebrows and thin lips. Her sexual orientations are Bisexual and Pansexual.
Rina’s Brand Endorsements
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Sebastian Professional.
14 things about Rina you might not know
- She spent the first 5 years of her childhood in Niigata. Later, her parents relocated to London, England where she was brought up.
- Even though she completed her studies with a degree in political science, Rina decided to pursue a career in music and modeling. Also, she was part of her university hip hop group called Lazy Lion that included Wolf Alice‘s, Theo Ellis.
- She is most proud of the release of her track Bad Friend.
- Rina released her debut track titled Sleeping in Waking in 2013.
- She signed to Dirty Hit Records in 2020.
- Rina released her debut studio album Sawayama. It consisted of a total of 14 tracks in total of which 1 is a bonus track for the Japanese edition of the album. It received widespread attention and made on Billboard Japan‘s Japan Download Albums list and 2nd place on the UK Independent Album Breakers list.
- As a model, she walked at the 2017 Versus x Versace Fall / Winter fashion show.
- In 2019, she made her debut as an actress in the TV show Turn Up Charlie.
- She once wrote and sung an original track for designers Nicola Formichetti’s MAC x Nicopanda fashion show.
- In April 2020, the reputed Paper Magazine headlined her “Our Favorite Genre” in an article of theirs.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines including The Guardian, Paper Magazine, The New York Times, and Clash Magazine.
- Amidst many others, she has listed her influences as Avril Lavigne, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, and Kylie Minogue.
- In November 2021, Rina received the “British Excellence in Music” award at the 2021 Gay Times Honours.
- In January 2022, Rina teamed up with Charli XCX for a new song titled Beg For You.
Rina Sawayama’s Net Worth
The pop singer has earned a hefty amount of money through her hard work and dedication. Therefore, her net worth is around $12 million.
Rina’s Social Media Handles
She is also active on social sites. Sawayama is available on Instagram as @rinasonline and has 755k followers. Moreover, she has a Facebook account with her handle Rina Sawayama and has 99k followers.
She is available on YouTube as Rina Sawayama and has 375k subscribers.
n. In June 2015, she released a music video for her song “Tunnel Vision,” directed by Arvida Byström.
Sawayama holds indefinite leave to remain (ILR) visa in the UK. Sawayama found her love for music and modeling while studying politics, psychology, and sociology at Magdalene College, Cambridge.
Be the first to comment