Everyday, Another TikTok challenge goes viral. When it comes to creativity, TikTok has no restrictions, churning out challenge after challenge on a daily basis.
The Buss It Challenge had us pushing our creaky knees to the breaking point recently. It’s now, though, the period of the Silhouette challenge.
What is the “Tiktok Silhouette Challenge” all about?
The Silhouette Challenge involves posing in a doorway before turning yourself into a sultry black silhouette against a red background.
— IG: @selina.pandor ❤️ (@badgirllina2) January 28, 2021
It’s not known who kicked off the whole thing but the challenge hashtag has already hit over 90 million views.Here’s exactly how to do..
How to do the Silhouette Challenge on TikTok
1. First find a doorway to pose in. If you don’t have one, any sultry backdrop will do.
2. Stand in front of the doorway, record the first part of the video including the final pose and save it to your camera roll. (This should be in normal lighting and wearing your clothes.)
3. Head to Snapchat and select the “Vin Rouge” filter.
4. Record a second video using the “Vin Rouge” filter. You’ll need to turn off all the lights apart from one in the room behind you and you should start where your last video ended in a silhouette position. Also, make sure you’re wearing tighter clothing to emphasis your shape. This is for the silhouette part of the video.
5. Open TikTok and add both saved videos to make one complete clip.
6. Add the sound making sure the transition lines up with the change to silhouette mode. You can use auto sync for this.
What song is used for the Silhouette Challenge on TikTok?
You’re probably thinking what the catchy songs are used during the Silhouette Challenge, we know. Well, it begins with Paul Anka’s ‘Put Your Head On My Arm’ and ends with Doja Cat’s ‘Streets’. The song is from her 2019 album hot Pink and samples ‘Streets Is Callin’ by B2.