Scanning a document into a PDF is not a big issue nowadays. Androids and iPhones can be your best scanners as they have powerful cameras. You must choose the right PDF scanner app that matches your needs and gadget. In this blog, we will walk you through the most secure and free PDF scanner app here. So you can scan any document or image with your Android and iPhone anywhere. So, without further ado, let’s begin!
Part1. What Is the Most Comprehensive Free PDF Scanning App
There are a lot of PDF-scanning apps for working paperlessly. Most of the scanning apps scan and convert paper documents into PDF. Look no further if you are looking for a comprehensive app that can scan and do all PDF-related tasks. We have found such an amazing app, UPDF, a free PDF scanner app.
UPDF for iOS scans your document into PDF quickly and easily. It not only scans but also has unlimited other features. After the scan, you can turn the scanned PDF into an editable or searchable PDF using a desktop version of UPDF.
UPDF Scanning Features
- UPDF is your ultimate AI-integrated scanning app for your iOS devices.
- With UPDF, you can scan documents with only one tap.
- In addition to scanning, you can also upload images from your iPhone or iPad, and UPDF converts them into PDF instantly.
- UPDF can merge multiple photos and create a single file for your convenience.
- You can use different filters for better scanning.
- To secure your PDF (with Security Space), it offers different security measures like face recognition and setting a password or using a fingerprint.
- UPDF app storage can save your scanned PDF files, and you can browse any file quickly.
- With its OCR technology that supports 38 languages, you can accurately convert PDFs in the supported language you want.
- It can change your PDF into non-editable or non-searchable with an MRC-based image compression algorithm.
UPDF offers a range of features beyond PDF scanning, including PDF editing, conversion, annotation, AI summarization, translation, and explanation. It serves as an all-in-one PDF editor accessible on four platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac) through a single account registration.
UPDF Customer Reviews
Customers like this software because of its user-friendly interface and capability to handle all PDF tasks. They also value its cross-platform compatibility, working seamlessly on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Once a person uses this innovative tool, forget other tools.
Most customers give almost 5-star reviews, as you can see below.
Steps to Scan With UPDF
UPDF offers two ways for scanning.
Option 1. Take a snapshot
- Install and open UPDF for the iOS app for scanning on your device.
- Touch on the symbol + for the import menu.
- Now, touch the option “Scan.”
- Take a photo of the document.
- Now tap on the download and save your photo in UPDF.
You can enable “auto capture” mode for automatic photo-taking. You can also reverse to manual mode. After taking a snap, you can crop, cut, rotate, or delete to enhance the quality of the PDF. More photos can also be added to a queue.
Option 2. Select from your photos app:
For this method, follow these steps:
- Touch on the symbol+.
- Touch the option “Scan.”
- Now, touch on the icon of the photos app.
- Select save the image from your gallery app and tap Add to add them to a blank PDF.
- Save the converted PDF.
Part 2. Other Top 2 Free PDF Scanner Apps to Try
While UPDF holds a commendable position with its robust features, we have also explored two other tools in this category: PDF Scanner and CamScanner. Let’s discuss them.
1. PDF Scanner- Document Scanner
PDF scanner app is a simple and easy-to-use app. It can scan any text, images, or documents with your Android. You need to install it on your Android and scan any document anywhere at any time for free.
- It has powerful scanning software that recognizes the corner of the document and gives better scanning results.
- It has a photo scanner, ID scanner, and doc scanner that can scan all kinds of documents, ID cards, passports, books, photos, and much more.
- It converts all scanned files, documents, and images into PDF and JPEG formats.
- You can also scan images saved in your Android and convert them into PDF.
- It is only available for Android.
- Doesn’t convert into file formats other than PDF and JPEG.
- It just scans images, photos, and docs. Did not have any editing feature.
- No cloud-based storage.
CamScanner is a multi-task PDF scanner app. It scans all types of documents and images and converts them into PDF, JPG, TXT, and Word formats.
- Its OCR feature lets you edit, search, and share your scanned PDFs.
- CamScanner enables you to print scanned PDFs with a printer without any other printing app.
- With its editing feature, you can add colors and filter the photos.
- You can sign in on Android, Tablet, or a PC.
- Limited features in the free trial version.
- Ads interrupt the scanning process in the free version.
- It is not a secure app with a record of malware incidents.
- There is no built-in storage to save the files.
If we analyze these apps, we can find UPDF a better app. With its scanning features, it has many more features that make it unique.
Part 3. Master PDFs With Ease With UPDF Unique Features
UPDF is an all-in-one, easy-to-use, unique PDF converter. With PDF conversion, it has a lot more features:
PDF Editing: Providing with practical editing tools, UPDF enables you to easily edit text, images, and links in the PDF.
PDF Viewing: Enhance your reading experience with UPDF. Read various layouts, switch to dark mode, and use multi-tabs for easy access.
PDF Annotation: Annotate PDFs with sticky notes, drawings, and various pen types. Auto-erase irregular highlights.
PDF Conversion: Convert PDFs to editable formats, including Word, Excel, and image formats. Transform PDFs into text or PDF/A for archiving.
UPDF AI: Summarize lengthy files, translate multiple languages, and get PDF-related answers quickly.
Fillable PDF Forms: Create innovative PDF forms with checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown menus, and personalized signatures. Easily share digital forms.
Cloud-Based Storage: Securely access PDFs on all devices, sync changes, and share with multi-layer encryption.
PDF Organization: Easily manage PDFs by adding, deleting, rotating, cropping, splitting, merging, or resizing pages.
Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions For PDF Scanner App
Q1. Can I scan PDFs with my phone?
Yes, now scanning with your phone is possible with numerous software like UPDF.
Q2. Is there a free PDF scanner app?
Yes, there are some free PDF scanner apps, and UPDF is one of them. The scanning feature of UPDF is free to access.
Q3. How do I scan multiple images into one PDF?
You can combine multiple images into one PDF using UPDF. But you can only do it for iOS devices for now. Here is how:
- Save the images in your Gallery app.
- Repeat the steps introduced in Option 2, Part 1 of this blog.
Finding the right one is more confusing when there are numerous PDF scanner apps. But here we have made this easy-breezy for you. If you need a scanning app with comprehensive features for free, then UPDF is the right choice. So don’t rely on paid and narrow feature apps; try UPDF now!